2014 General Election Results
The 2014 Election Commission of the Bhutanese Community Association of Akron
Announces the results of the July 4 balloting.
Each elected officer will serve a two-year term until the 2016 election.
President – Bishnu SUbba
Vice President – Narad Ghimirey
Secretary – Yam Baniya
Assist Secretary – Kharga Baniya
Treasurer – Khadga Bhattarai
Assist Treasurer – Prakash Neupaney
Trustee – Dhan Rimal
Trustee – Kharga Chuwan
The remaining vacant posts for Trustees will be appointed by the newly formed Executive Committee.
2014 General Election
Candidates for Office
Update: Friday, 27 June 2014
The General Election Commission of 2014 is hereby publishing below the names of
candidates who have submitted their candidacy for the respective office of BCAA
for the up-coming electon which is scheuled to be held on 4th of July, 2014
1. Bishnu Subba
2. Indira Nepal
3. Puspa lal Gajmer
Note: Puspa’s candidacy hasn’t been accepted under age criteria for the part of president.
Indira Nepal has voluntarily with drawn her candidacy on 25th June 2014.
1. Prakash Biswa
2. Yam Baniya
3. Janga Poudel
1. Amir Bharati
2. Khadga Bhattarai
Note: There will be election on the schedule day, date and time only for these two posts.
1. Narad Ghimire
1. Kharga Baniya
1. Prakash Neopany
Note: In these posts, no other candidates have filed their candidacy so they will be the ultimate officers for the above mentioned there different posts of BCAA.
1. Dhan Rimal
2. Kharga Chuwan
Note: According to the by laws of BCAA, In trustees should be elected through election but only two candidates have filed their candidacy, so they are also the numbers of BCAA in upcoming committee.
Hence, for all of the community members are requested to contact the concerned personal of present Election Committee of BCAA 2014. for your further information. At length, you all are benignly requested to cast your sacred Vote on the Scheduled day and date i.e on 3rd july 5:30 p.m – 9:30 p.m for early vote and 4th July 9:30 A.M – 3:00 P.M. 2014 in four respective (area).
Election commission chair
General Election 2014 Bhutanese Community Association of Akron, Inc. (BCAA)
According to the by-laws of the Bhutanese Community Association of Akron, Inc., the General Election Committee 2014 (GEC) has set the schedule and arranged the election Centers in the following way:
A. ELECTION CENTERS (ZONES)
South Tallmadge: Voting Center: 372 Lookout Ave, Akron, OH 44310
1. Nar Subba (330)780-1471
2. Krishna Neopaney (330)785-8263
3. Sarbajit Subba
West Dayton: Voting Center: 138 East Mildred Ave, Akron, OH 44310
1. Narapati Pathak (330) 827-1126
2. Rudra Rimal
3. Rudra Baniya
Middle Dayton: Voting Center: Dhimal Mini Market, 510 E. Cuyahoga Falls Ave, Akron, OH 44310
1. Sharman Bhattarai (330) 217-2066
2. Karna Khatiwoda
3. Chunku Chuwan
Independence: Voting Center: 1009 Emory Ave, Akron, OH 44310
1. Narad Timsina (330) 548-3621
2. Chandra Limbu
3. Prakash Neopaney
Voting Center: 310 Broad Blvd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, 44221
1. Santi Subedi (234) 571-1082
2. Dhan Man Subba
3. Tek Osti (330) 780-4772
4. Tika Osti
5. Ganga Osti
B. NOMINATION PROCEDURE
1. File application for nomination for the post of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, or Trustee for the Executive Committee of the Association
2. Application forms will be made available by 14th till 21st June (9:00 p.m.) 2014 from the allotted Election Centers (zones)
C. DEADLINE TO WITHDRAW NOMINATION
1. Election Committee has set deadline from 22nd to 26th (9:00 p.m.) June 2014, to withdraw
1. Voter Sheets will be distributed by Thursday 3rd July 2014 at 4:30 p.m. by the respective Election Committee Coordinators from the allotted Election Centers (zones)
2. General Election of 2014 is scheduled on 4th of July 2014 (Friday) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Early vote for 2014 is scheduled on 3rd of July (Thursday) from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
4. All the ballot boxes from the respective areas will be collected at the International Institute of Akron by 4:30 p.m., Friday July 4th for final counting and the result declaration will be made at 9:00 p.m. sharp on the same day.
The General Election Committee sincerely requests all members of the Bhutanese Community for their active participation to make this General Election 2014 a grand success.
Updates regarding the election will be made available from time to time on this Website.
Rahar S Rai, Chair General Election Committee 2014
2014 General Election
Click on the following link to get a copy of the Nomination Form
BCAA Nomination Form For Election 2014
Submit your Email. Received update and the Bhutanese Community Association of Akron, Inc Newsletter